Check out the original blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Optimist Club makes a difference in the Cayman Islands

Some Optimist Clubs perform huge projects in their communities and I promise I will eventually highlight some of them, but I have to tell you I like simple projects the best. A simple project allows the Optimist member to interact more closely with children and show them that we care about them. I found out about a true hands-on project being performed on Grand Cayman.

The headline that I found was "Optimist Club teaches life skills." I think you will agree that reading, writing and arithmetic are life skills. Click here to see how the members of this club are tutoring and mentoring children as part of their weekly meeting. They are also working with the schools to bring about the first Optimist Oratorical Contest.

The Optimist Club of Georgetown, Grand Cayman is a recent addition to the Optimist family with only six months of activities under their belt. What a great start to making a difference on their small island.

No comments: